1) Gain Clarity: Have you forgotten what you wanted or why you wanted it in the first place? If you don’t have a compelling vision and a strong “why” you are like a rudderless ship drifting wherever life, your surroundings and circumstances blow you. If you haven’t done so in awhile, sit down and get clear on your goals. Take time to write out your inspired vision of the future you desire. Post them somewhere visible and spend time with them every day.
2) Check your Beliefs: In the Make Your Life Program we spend two whole lessons hammering it home how what you believe to be true, creates your reality. If you believe you can never have it, you are not smart enough or that the world is a terrible place, it is virtually impossible to live into a different future. When you find a thought that is unsupportive, do everything in your power to get a new point of view and create a new more empowered thought or belief, it is the foundation of all great living.
3) Make a plan: I never cease to be amazed at the power of a plan. So many people know what to do but they hesitate to write it down and hold themselves accountable to actually doing it. When you take the time to lay out what it would actually take to deliver on your vision, you take it from the fantasy realm of “wouldn’t that be nice” to the tangible steps and actions and realistic time frames that will deliver you to your goal. Sit down and map out what it would take, create clear definable steps and get started.
4) Have a little faith: (okay – a lot!) One of the essential tools to having the life you imagine is an undying faith that it’s attainment is inevitable, that you are worthy and that your wants were not given to you without a way to get there. Your upward focus and optimism will not only keep you powerful and moving forward but it will also open you up to the serendipities that we call the magic of life!
5) Get Passionate: Passion comes easy when you have a clear goal you believe in, a plan to fulfill it and a belief that you will get there. Let the passion for your dream and your life fill you up so that every person you meet can feel it emanating out of you. It is a beautiful way to live and your passion acts like a beacon, drawing to you the people and circumstances you need to fulfill on your inspired visions.
6)Take Action and then do it again: They say success breeds success but action is the catalyst for all of it. Action brings exciting new connection, brave new thoughts and that enthralling feeling of winning, even when it’s in tiny ways, like saying no to desert or making that one call you have been avoiding. Pick up the phone, sign up for a class, or as SARK says “invite someone dangerous over for tea!” Action builds momentum and courage and consistent courageous action will joyfully lead you down the path.
7) Build a team: Even coaches can’t go it alone. Why would you think that you should?! Our friends, peers and coaches are there to remind us of who we are and what we are committed to when we have forgotten. Do yourself a favor - start a mastermind, ask a co-worker to be your accountability partner, get a coach or schedule a weekly meeting with a friend to review your dreams over a glass of wine. Going for it is always way more fun when you share the love.
If you take any of these principles and apply them you will begin to see your life take a turn for the joyful, and imagine… if everyone in the country, everyone in the planet just chose one of these things - have faith, take action, drum up some passion, believe in their dreams, I have this feeling that things would be looking up pretty quickly.
Love and light to your path on the upward spiral.
How are you staying inspired and focused on your goals visions? We would love to hear from you on the coach Joelle blog!